Social media post with DIY curried butternut squash soup recipe.
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil
• 2 pounds’ butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut
into small ½-inch pieces
• 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, pressed or chopped
• 2–3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
• 2–3 drops Coriander essential oil
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• 1 cup full fat coconut milk
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Once oil
is heated, add squash, onion, garlic, curry paste,
Coriander essential oil, cumin, salt, and red pepper
flakes to skillet. Stir to combine.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.
3. Add vegetable broth. Bring mixture to boil, reduce
heat, and simmer until squash is soft.
4. Remove from heat and let cool. Working in batches,
transfer contents from pan to blender. Securely
fasten the lid and purée mixture until smooth.
5. Transfer puréed soup to serving bowl and repeat
until contents are smooth.
6. Stir lime juice and coconut milk into blended soup
If you like these, please follow my contributor page